This track depicts gaps in the assembly. These gaps - with the
exception of intractable heterochromatic gaps - will be closed during the
Gaps are represented as black boxes in this track.
If the relative order and orientation of the contigs on either side
of the gap is known, it is a bridged gap and a white line is drawn
through the black box representing the gap.
This assembly contains the following principal types of gaps:
- Fragment - gaps between the contigs of a draft clone.
(In this context, a contig is a set of overlapping sequence reads.)
These may be bridged or not.
- Clone - gaps between clones in the same map contig. These
may be bridged or not.
- Contig - non-bridged gaps between map contigs.
- Centromere - non-bridged gaps from centromeres.
- Telomere - non-bridged gaps from telomeres.
- Heterochromatin - non-bridged gaps from large blocks of heterochromatin.
- Short Arm - non-bridged long gaps on the short arm of the chromosome.